At Regency Hall we use the waste hierarchy shown below to prioritise how waste should be managed based on its environmental impact:
- Reduce the amount of waste we accumulate. Select items with the least
- Packaging and wherever possible, buy better quality items that last longer.
- Re-use items instead of throwing them away. Pass items on, repair them or adapt them for other uses.
- Recycle everything that can be recycled, which will considerably reduce the amount of waste needing disposal.
- Please dispose of your waste in the appropriate bins. They each have a label which details what you can & can’t put in them.
- The bins are emptied regularly by our cleaning staff.
electronic waste – Battery Bin
This can be found in the post room area on the ground floor.Batteries contain hazardous metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, zinc, manganese & lithium. Disposing of batteries in the general waste is illegal as they are a hazardous waste product, which can harm people & the environment if not disposed of correctly.
Make sure you dispose of your used batteries in the Battery Bin provided.
It is a legal requirement that you do not place WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) in the general or recycling waste bins.
Contact us on email@example.com if you have electrical / electronic items to dispose of.